SOMM-SAKE Certificated Initiate
Come and learn about the magic of Sake from a qualified educator and Sommelier, if you fancy a fun experience delving into Japanese culture and travel whilst getting to grips with how to mix a Sake cocktail and why Sake is so much better for you than wine then our Somm-Sake initiate workshop will be perfect.Designed to provide an entry into Sake knowledge without complicated language or taxing tests Somm-Sake offers an unique opportunity in New Zealand to explore the myth and magic of Sake. Practical hands on activities delivered by a skilled educator with over 35 years of teaching you will leave with a solid start to understanding sake’s origins, how it’s made, why the health benefits are extraordinary, as well as an introduction to the differences between various types of sake and even how to make it yourself! You will experience a range of sakes easily available in NZ and will leave with a cool certificate and happy memories of all that Sake ! Perfect as a Wedding/Anniversary or Special Birthday gift.
SOMM-SAKE Certificated Hospitality Training Course
Designed to provide an entry into sake education without the demands of a longer course, Somm-Sake hospitality training provides a unique opportunity for staff to expand their sake knowledge to be relevant to their role in bars, restaurants and at events.
Covering the basics of sake’s origins, serving etiquette and production, as well as an introduction to the differences between various types of sake, how to store and promote Sake, this course will provide hospo staff with all they need to be work confidently with Sake in business.
This course includes a range of sakes available in NZ and will focus on the correlation between the Kiwi wine palate and Sake.
Somm-Sake trained hospitality professionals will receive a Certificate of completion and be eligible to progress to the Introductory Sake Professional SSA courses online or further upgrade their qualifications and knowledge by enrolling on the SSA Certified Sake Sommelier course.
Sake Sommelier Association Certified SSA Sommelier qualification
This SSA course is the only official Certified Sake Sommelier ® qualification in the world, your certificate will be stamped and provided by the London Sake Sommelier Academy.
Somm-Sake are the only accredited Sake Educator in NZ Sake Sommelier Academy® | New Zealand – Wellington – Sake Sommelier Academy®
Sake Sommeliers will be eligible to attend the London Sake Challenge and other International Sake Challenges as tasting judges as well as enter the coveted Sake Sommelier of the Year competition.You will learn about:
- The History and Culture of Sake – Discover sake’s role in Japanese society, as well as its booming popularity in the rest of the world.
- Sake Production – Learn the in-depth details about sake ingredients and how the beverage is brewed.
- Sake Tasting and the Science of Umami – Practice your tasting and identification skills, with a mind on how to best pair sake with various cuisine.
- How to Work with Sake – Learn from a qualified industry professional on how best to store and purchase sake.
- Train in an Interactive, Experiential, Environment with a Focus on Workshops
- Our highly qualified Sake Educators pride themselves on providing a study environment where everything taught has a practical, usable, learning outcome.
- Serving Etiquette – Immerse yourself in the fine-points of serving sake as a Sake Sommelier; study how to identify sake labels and learn how to introduce sake to customers or peers.
- Sake Cocktails – Open your palate to the wide range of uses for sake in cocktail making.
- Earn a Lapel Badge and Certification – SSA Certified Sake Sommelier qualifications are well known throughout the hospitality industry across the world, and passing students also receive lapel badges to proudly display their new-learnt skills.